I never thought I was that into purple nail polish but I had more purples than anything else (except glitters. I love me some glitter)
- ILNP – Ruby Sky – Keeping
- ILNP – Showtime – Destashing (this is really similar to ILNP Diablo so I only felt the need to keep one)
- Essie – Demure Vix – Keeping
- Essence – Amazed by You – This was a gift from a dear friend who used to blog on Glamour Vortex and it’s an amazing shade – KEEPING!
- Orly – Purple Crush – Keeping
- OPI – Significant Other Color – Keeping
- Bettie Pain Polish – Head In The Clouds – Keeping
- China Glaze – Let’s Jam – Keeping
- Orly – Hot Tropics – Destashing
- China Glaze – Flying Dragon – I actually just found a draft for this polish from a year ago that I never posted. Bad blogger! – Keeping
- L’Oreal – Berry Nice – Keeping
- Essie – Coat Couture – One of those horrible cashmere finish polishes that flake off within hours of application – Destashing
- Wet n’ Wild – On a Trip – Destashing
- Wet n’ Wild Fergie – Ferguson Crest Syrah – Destashing
- Essie – Full Steam Ahead – Destashing
- Essie – Sexy Divide – Destashing
- Salon Perfect – Purple Petal – Destashing
- Orly – Fireball – Keeping
- Revlon – Velvet Rope – My favorite red! – Keeping
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics – Black Dahlia – Destashing
- China Glaze – Lubu Heels – Keeping
- Milani – Ruby Jewels – Keeping
- L’Oreal – Jolly Lolly – Keeping
- OPI – Go With The Lava Flow – I accidentally got this one in two pictures…still destashing.
- Lancome – 13 – This is soooooo old. It’s the first (any possibly only) high end nail polish I ever bought. I wore it once and hated it. Destashing.
- Essie – Bazooka – The Essie neons get decidedly less neon over time. If you want a poppin’ neon look to Orly, they do amazing ones. Destashing
- Essie – Sunday Funday – Destashing
- OPI – Is Mai Tai Crooked? – Pretty polish! I just rarely reach for it. Destashing.
- Essie – Camera – A solid hunk of goo in the bottle – Destashing.
- Rimmel – Instyle Coral – Destashing
- Formula X – Motivated – Destashing
- Maybelline – Downtown Brown – Lovely shade! – Destashing!
- Revlon – Autumn Spice – Destashing
- L’Oreal – Mango Mama – Keeping
- Orly – Ablaze – Keeping
- Essie – Playing Koi – Keeping
- Orly – Push The Limit – Keeping
- Orly – Glowstick – Keeping
- China Glaze – Bite Me – Keeping
I did actually get rid of some green polishes. Go me!
- Essie – Trophy Wife – Destashing
- Maybelline – Green With Envy – Destashing
- Essie – Mojito Madness – Destashing
- Color Club – Shine Theory – These are supposed to be color changing but they don’t change color – Destashing
- Sinful Colors – San Francisco – Destashing (this stains like a mother!)
- Rimmel – Rags to Riches – Destashing
- Defy & Inspire – Sellout – This was the most disappointing nail polish. It looks like a duochrome but it’s watery and not at all duochromy. Destashing
- ILNP – The Boulevard – Keeping
- ILNP – Cozy Mittens – Keeping
- Essie – For The Twill of it – Keeping
- Formula X – Virtuoso – Keeping
- OPI – I Have a Herring Problem – Keeping
- Essie – Over the Edge – Keeping
- China Glaze – Choo Choo Choose You – Keeping
- Essie – Go With The Flowy – Destashing
- Essie – Power Clutch – Destashing
Not sure why this one got it’s own photo… but it’s Formula X – Determined and it’s getting destashed.
- Formula X – A+ – Destashing
- Essie – Lights – Destashing
- Essie – A Crewed Interest – Destashing
- Essie – Mrs Always Right – Keeping
- Essie – Eternal Optimist – Keeping
- L’Oreal – Bubble Trouble – Keeping
- Essie – Frock ‘n Roll – Destashing
- Essie – Little Brown Dress – Destashing
- Essie – Shearling Darling – Destashing
- ILNP – Cygnus Loop (H) – What I’m wearing right now actually! – Keeping
- OPI – Cosmo With A Twist – Keeping
- Finger Paints – Urban Lights – Keeping
- Essie – Bikini So Teeny – Keeping
- Essie – After School Boy Blazer – Keeping
- Essie – Strut Your Stuff – Keeping
- ILNP – Valentina – Destashing
- ILNP – Wallflower – Destashing
- Essie – Starry Starry Night – Destashing – Also I think I double photod this guy. It’s an imperfect system ya’ll.
- Color Club – Blue Skies Ahead – Destashing
- Formula X – Prophecy – Destashing. This is such an amazing blue! It’s gorgeous! But it flakes like no other and ain’t nobody got time for that.
- Essie – Aruba Blue – Destashing
- Revlon – Chroma Chameleon – Cobalt – Destashing
- Sally Hansen – Blue Me Away – Destashing
- Essie – Naughty Nautical – Destashing
Started this post with: 84
Total start: 175
Total Keep: 86
Total Destashing: 89
I was hoping to get rid of at least half of my collection and I just barely squeaked by on meeting that goal. I’m pretty stoked!
I recently purchased three new ILNP polishes but I can honestly say that after this little project I have no real desire to acquire any new polishes. We’ll see how long that feeling lasts but it’s a good feeling.
Does your polish collection consist of mostly wearable shades? Do you have a lot of one color family? How often to you cull your collection or do you keep everything you ever purchase?
- I cannot believe that it is nearly Christmas. I’m in no way ready for that to be a thing yet. This is the first time in a long time that I’d a little more stressed out by the holidays as opposed to excited. I’m sure once I’m done with work for the week that will help immensely.
- Do you have any good book recommendations? I prefer something not too sad. I like adventure, sci-fi, fantasy, dystopian…I’ll read just about any fiction if it’s good.
- I had a dermatology appointment yesterday because I was afraid I was getting another pre-cancerous lesion. Thankfully that wasn’t actually what it was but I had them freeze the spot anyway. Wear sunscreen people!