I am inherently an incredibly nosy person and I always love reading other people’s “What’s in my bag?” posts and I thought it might be fun to do one of my own!
There seem to be two kinds of people in this world. People who are organized and minimalistic and people who are prepared for every crazy thing that will probably never happen. Guess which kind of person I am? Probably not that hard of a guessing game actually. Suffice it to say I am one of the least organized people that I know.
I purchased my purse at JC Penny’s this last Spring and it’s called the Dakota Cross Body Bag. I really like this purse a lot and the only thing that I would change is that I might get a slightly larger version of this if I had it to do over again.
I love that there are three separate compartments. It makes life so much easier for me.
While I didn’t pre-clean my bag, this is not nearly as much stuff as I’ve pulled out of my bag on previous occasions. So here’s what I had in my bag this morning when I dumped it all out:
Everything in this picture went right back in my purse. A girl can never be too prepared.
- Wallet. Obviously.
- A lighter. I used to be a smoker (it feels REALLY good to say that in the past tense) but I kept carrying a lighter with me after I quit because I like having one with me in case of actual emergency. Not that I’m driving through the wilds of the earth but what if I have to make a fire? Ok, so this may be a residual thing from when I lived out west where it actually got cold. It does not get cold in Florida. But still. Lighter is staying!
- Band-aids. For obvious reasons.
- Aleve because I get insane headaches.
- An Origins headache relief aromatherapy lotion. Again, I get headaches and if it’s a migraine, I want everything that can possibly help within arms reach at all times.
- A multi-tool.
- Hand sanitizer because sometimes life is gross.
- A Vics inhaler. I think I put this in my bag when I had a cold, but it’s comforting to have on hand so I keep it in my bag.
- A flashlight.
I guess this is kind of like a beauty emergencies section. All of this lives permanently in my purse as well.
- Compact mirror. I use this all the time.
- Hair ties because if you need one you REALLY NEED one.
- Bobby pins. Same.
- Tweezers because car lighting reveals things that aren’t visible in your home.
- Aquaphor. I have very very dry skin and this is a life saver if my cuticles are cracking.
Smelling good is important!
- My favorite hand cream of all time: Tokyo Milk Dark in La Vie La Mort. I get eczema and Tokyo Milk’s hand lotion keeps it at bay. This particular fragrance is so good too. It’s fresh and clean and a little green smelling.
- Giorgio Armani Si – This smells comforting and warm and you should definitely give it a sniff next time you’re at a perfume counter.
- Essence of Beauty Vanilla Whisper Body Mist – I can’t really remember why I bought this. There was a specific reason but it’s escaped me. It smells like 1998 for about five minutes before it totally dissipates but I kind of dig it.
- A card from The Boy that is incredibly sweet. I think about taking this out of my purse every time I clean it out but it makes me happy to have it so I just carry it around like a loony old sap.
- A super mini grocery list from yesterday. Exciting stuff man. I’m living the wild life up in here.
- 18 receipts. 18! That’s just bananas. Now you have Gwen Stefani songs stuck in your head. Ha!
- I was looking for those earrings!!
- Empty headphones case (tangent: what do you call these? Headphones? Earphones? Earbuds???)
- Bug spray. This is actually new and I haven’t tried it yet but I’m hoping the cedar oil works!
What, you don’t carry eight pens with you at all times? What if you want to write in a different color? Or write with a pen/stylus/flashlight combo thing?
I really like that white Paper Mate pen. Until recently it was my favorite line of pens because it writes so smoothly. The only gripe I have is that it doesn’t come in a fine point, only medium.
The TUL pen is new and I love it. LOVE IT. It’s perfect and delightful. I think I purchased the needle point size because I like my pens like I like my men. Fine as hell.
PSA: Oral Hygiene is SUPER IMPORTANT. I for one take it very seriously. Obviously.
Yay makeup! This right here is why my back hurts. Or maybe it’s the pens…
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Champagne. I adore Bite’s lip masks. They have made a world of difference to my chronically chapped lips. I don’t ever want to be without a tube of this.
- Revlon HD Lip Gloss in HD Amber – meh. I think I just forgot to put this away after wearing it a few weeks ago. It kind of smells like plastic.
- A Marc Jacobs lip gloss sample. This is OK. I put it in my bag in hopes that I’d remember to wear it but I keep forgetting about it and I think I wore it once in the last few weeks?
- Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Violet Volt – As far as purples go, this is pretty wearable. It’s a bright slightly warm purple. I honestly don’t know how this ended up in my bag, I haven’t actually worn it yet. I’m blaming the lipstick gremlins.
- MAC Giddy – This is a pretty warm pale pink with gold shimmer. I really dig this shade.
- Kiss My Sass Sheer Lip Glaze in Keep Calm and Love a Soldier – from the Lip Addicts Anonymous subscription. I really like this. It smells like apple pie and is really comfortable.
- YSL Tint-in-Oil in Oh My Gold – I really like this. It doesn’t wear very long or have a lot of color but it feels nice on my lips and smells like a mixed drink I used to love years ago. I’m not sure it’s actually worth the money and I wouldn’t re-purchase it but since I have it, it lives in my bag and I get a fair bit of use out of it.
- Estee Lauder Pure Color lip crayon thing in Luscious Plum – This is a really pretty plummy brown shade but it only wears for about 20 minutes and doesn’t stain. It was part of the 2014 Bronzed Goddess collection I think.
- Urban Decay 24/7 lip pencil in Streak – I love this color. It’s the perfect coral. I’m a fan of the Urban Decay lip pencils in general. I don’t know that it’s my favorite formula in the world but I enjoy the shades that I have.
- NYX Slide on Glide on lip pencil in Nude – I normally carry a nude lipstick in my bag but lately I’ve just been leaving this lip liner in there instead. It’s a gorgeous shade and I like it on it’s own or under actual lipstick.
- Milani clear lip liner – this is a handy little lip liner. I don’t use it often but it’s good with liquid lipstick to keep it from bleeding.
That’s it, that’s what I’ve been hauling around for the last few weeks! Do you pack your purse like you’re the urban version of Bear Grylls? If you’re of the super organized variety what do you consider your essentials?
- Yesterday was leg day and now I’m just sad and sore. And skipping the gym.
- Thing Cat gifted us with a coral snake last night.