Hello again! Today we’re going to take a look at the last half of my Megalast Lipstick declutter project. I posted part 1 a few days ago if you want to check that out. Since this is going to be a very photo heavy post, let’s just jump right in!
Vintage Vibe (LE)
We’re starting off with one of the shades that I kept. Vintage Vibe was from the Fall 2015 collection and is amazing. It’s very common for this type of shade to be patchy but Vintage Vibe is an creamy, opaque, angelic dream.
Urban Nights (LE)
As far as limited edition releases go, 2014 was a little weird for Wet n Wild. They released a shade in the fall collection called Urban Night and then released a Halloween shade called Urban Nights and they were really very similar shades. I think one was supposed to be matte and one was creme finish? I don’t know. But Urban Nights got destashed.
Urban Night (LE)
And here’s the freaky twin shade. Also destashed.
Spiked with Rum
I don’t know if this type of shade is still wildly popular or not but it definitely had a huge moment a year or two ago. I’m keeping Spiked with Rum because this rusty plummy mauve shade is totally my jam.
This is another limited edition shade from a few years ago. I went nuts and purchased the whole dang line. And don’t get me wrong, they’re all great lipstick shades but they’re all relatively similar when it comes down to it. Destashed.
Another limited edition. This shade just looks a little off on me and I don’t think I’ve ever worn it. Destashed.
One of the downfalls of the Megalast line is that it’s really difficult to tell what a color will look like without swatching it. Magically most of the shades look really similar in the tube. I do recommend looking up swatches on-line before buying. All of that to say: this color is really odd. I failed to look up swatches and it’s just a little too true brown to be flattering on my skin tone. Lot’s of people love it but it’s just not really me. Destashed.
Coffee Buzz (LE)
This was my one totally impractical lipstick that I kept. This is basically black when I wear it but it’s not quite black. I just think it’s cool. Will I ever wear it? Probably not. But I’m keeping it for a while anyway. It applies so smoothly and no patchiness so if I ever DID actually feel the need to wear black lipstick this is the one I’m reaching for. Wow did I feel like I needed to justify this one or what?
This is a really lovely vampy red. It’s a bit warmer than a lot of shades this deep. It’s also in the permanent line. This is one of the shades I’m hanging on to.
The last shade I owned is another limited edition. This shade isn’t quite purple enough OR red enough to really suit me. Destashed!
Pros to the Megalast line:
- This is one of the most comfortable lipstick formulas (drugstore or high end) on the market.
- Wear time is very good, 2+ hours (for me that’s about as good as it gets)
- They wear off gracefully.
- No scent.
- No sunscreen.
- A wide range of shades.
Cons to the Megalast line:
- The packaging is very cheap feeling.
- It’s easy to ruin the lipstick with the cap.
- The caps don’t stay tightly secured.
- Not a big fan of the round bullet shape.
Out of this batch I started out with ten tubes of lipstick and kept four.
Here’s my full original Megalast collection:
Out of the total 20 tubes I’m down to five that I kept. I feel a little lighter and like I might reach for these a little more often now that I don’t have to dig through a massive bin of lipstick in identical black packaging.
What do you think of the Wet n Wild Megalast lipstick line? I’d love to know your thoughts! I’d also love to talk about decluttering too. I’m on a roll yo!
- I thought I’d get all kinds of personal today and give a little brief life update. I started seeing a therapist a few weeks ago and I have to say, if you’re going through something in your life, be it grief, anxiety, what have you, find a therapist. It really is helpful. Do your research and make sure you’re looking for someone that you click with but it’s really helpful. Not so much in a “fix your life” kind of way but it’s a great way to constructively talk through your thoughts and feelings.
- The down side of de-cluttering is that I’ve been really focused on going through my stuff and totally neglecting the actual cleaning of my house. It’s gross.
- I re-started the Couch to 5K program again. I completed it once about a year or so ago but then life happened and I stopped running so now I’m starting over. I just finished the first day of week two yesterday and it’s nice to go running again!