Happy Wednesday! Or whatever day it is when you’re reading this. For me, I’m exceptionally glad that this week is almost over because it has been a week of Mondays and I’m starting to think that there isn’t enough coffee in the world to get my head clear.
I had intended to talk to you about my March empties this week but I still have a lot of photo editing to do before that can happen (you will laugh [or cry] when we do finally talk about empties because those are some terrible photos heading your way. You’ve been warned). Instead of going an entire week without chatting with you, I thought I’d do a quick face of the day post. Most of what I’m wearing today is stuff that likely won’t get reviewed so we can chat about some of it briefly here!
- Dr. Jaarts Premium BB cream. I actually do intend to do a review of this and it will have lots of throw back photos of me with hair! In short, I really like it but I don’t wear it every day.
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder. A fave!
- Wet n’ Wild Mellow Wine blush. I think they discontinued or reformulated these blushes which is unfortunate because they are pretty nice.
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder. I like it. Nothing earth shattering though.
- Urban Decay Anti Aging Primer Potion. I think I’ve mentioned before that I like this because it doesn’t feel weird or make my eyelids have a strange texture. Basically it just acts as a sticky base, it does little to nothing to increase longevity or decrease creasing.
- Darling Girl Glitter Glue. I like this but I have no basis for comparison since it’s the only glitter glue I’ve tried!
- Base eyeshadow: MUFE Vanilla
- Transition: a new to me MUFE eyeshadow and I forgot to write down the name. If the not knowing is driving you mad, let me know in the comments and I’ll look it up. I would say I would come back and add it later but let’s be honest, no one has faith that I will remember to do that.
- Lid: Notoriously Morbid Chaos Reigns
- Lower lash line: Covergirl Liquiline Blast in Violet Voltage (I think that’s the shade name, they didn’t actually print it on the pencil which is silly.
- Inner corner: Femme Fatale Glasswater
- Waterline/Tightline: L’Oréal Silkissime liner in Charcoal
- Lower lash mascara: L’Oréal Voluminous Cobalt. Talk about a throw back to the 90’s! I’m digging it! In high school I had this horrible blue mascara from Claire’s and I loved it. It was great if you were into the whole two giant eyelashes look and didn’t think too hard about humidity or water. This stuff seems pretty good though!
- Upper lash mascara: Covergirl Super Sizer
- Notoriously Morbid Mystic Matte lipstick in Moon Child from March’s Vanishing Cabinet. This shade is pretty unwearable for me by itself but added to other lip shades it tones them down and makes them last longer which is neat. Are you into hearing about the Vanishing Cabinet subscription? I haven’t talked about the last few months and I keep contemplating cancelling my subscription altogether. Do you want to bring back posts on it? Or an overview? Or you don’t care at all? I always feel like if I ask you what I should write about then I’m basically asking you to do the work for me. But in this case I’m split 50/50 between interest and apathy so I welcome your input!
- L’Oréal laLaque in Never Laque-ing. That name is terrible. The lipstick feels really nice but the actual bullet melts and breaks like crazy so I tend to not wear it.
So that’s what’s on my face today! Are you wearing something amazing or abysmal today?
Thanks for stopping by! Here’s to getting through the rest of this long long long long week!
4 thoughts on “Face of the Day (March 29th, 2017)”
I like this one!
I’m working from home today after several busy meeting / super stress days, and I’ve only gotten as far as concealer, powder, blush and my brows, haha! I have to run a few errands after lunch, so I will probably at the very least add mascara and lipstick. 🙂
Thank you! ❤
What is up with the insanity of last week?! It was such a crazy stressful week! I hope this coming week is a bit more laid back for you 🙂
I’m looking forward to your glorious photos of empties! 😀
Colour mascara works so well on you! I tried a blue and I looked silly.
Do you find that the tightlining stays on for you? Mine always smudges like hell and fades. I gave up on doing that.
Yeah I wanna know what that MUFE eye shadow transition shade it. Haha, I just want to make you have to go check it. 😆
My face is fairly tame: foundation is W7 HD, eye shadow is Seventeen Rose Quartz (I show this in my latest post – my quarterly favourites!), mascara is CG LashBlast in the orange tube, blush is Makeup Revolution in Nude, lips is YSL Rouge Volupte Shine in #8 Pink in Confidence.
Lol, the awful photos have been posted. Enjoy.
Thank you! I feel pretty bold wearing colored mascara honestly. Although I don’t think it’s horribly visible in real life. Have you tried something other than blue? Or other than a bright blue? Maybe a purple or emerald color would be pretty!
I always tightline but it really depends on the liner as to whether or not it stays put. The Marc Jacobs liners stay pretty well, the Rimmel Scandaleyes liners stay fairly well and some of the Urban Decay liners (but not all of them) stay well. It’s so hit or miss! I actually just used up an Avon liner that stayed relatively well, it at least didn’t migrate like most liners do. And the Givanchy liner I have stays SUPER WELL.
You are diabolical my friend! lol It’s M646/Latte. It’s really nice! I like the matte shadows from MUFE but the metallic shadows crease on me like crazy. Which is a shame because there are some stunning shades!
I’m going to go check out your quarterly favorites now!