So, there I was, walking through Sephora on a mission to restock my supply of brush cleaner, just minding my own business and thinking very hard about how I’m a grown woman who is perfectly capable of resisting the marketing ploys and strategically placed displays of cosmetics and I’m also thinking about just looking straight ahead because if you don’t SEE the displays, they can’t suck you in. That’s how that works. So I snag my cleaner (kind of boring, maybe I can just look at the new…NO! Keep on walking!) and head to the check out where….there’s a line. Drat. The line has kind of placed me RIGHT BY the Urban Decay display. But that’s cool, I don’t actually want anything from Urban Decay! No temptation to resist! So, since I don’t actually want anything, I can casually peruse the display since the label of the brush cleaner isn’t exactly riveting. So ten minutes later I’m walking out the door and my brain finally starts working again and I’m stuck pondering whether or not the Sephora dude with the really good eyeshadow would judge me openly if I return the Urban Decay product less than ten minutes after purchase. He’d probably judge me a lot. I would definitely judge me if I were him. Dang it.
So ends the
really long winded anecdote about I how I came to be the slightly sheepish owner of the Vice 3 palette. Which lucky for you, means pictures!
- Color Selection – very good. There is a great mix of colors and neutrals so it’s easy to create any type of look all in one place.
- Blend-ability – very good. Urban Decay seems to have a consistent formula in this category and all of their shadows are easy to work with.
- Lasting Power – not good. As I mentioned, Sonic was the worst in terms of wear, but I experienced creasing with all shades within at least 3-4 hours. A few of the shades faded significantly or even traveled to different parts of my eye as the day wore on (and the shadows, clearly, did not. Ha!). I suppose that an actual primer would help with this but I hate using lid primer and frankly, I feel like a good sticky base should be sufficient so I was disappointed that it WASN’T with these shadows.
- Versatility – amazing! The colors are appealing and they work well together for infinite eye looks. I’ve also been using this for my Wear All The Lipstick project because I can create an eye look to compliment any lip color.
- Would I Buy Again? Not unless I have another mid shopping trip stroke causing me to impulse buy something I had no intention of buying 🙂
Lastly, I have a photos of eye looks to show how a few of the shades look once applied. Enjoy my super fabulous makeup skills. I recommend grabbing some popcorn to enhance the entertainment experience.