Picture heavy post
I’ve been stalking my local drugstores for a few weeks looking for the Wet n Wild Fall collection and FINALLY found it! I found the lipsticks all hiding in plain sight in an end display at Walgreens but the display was labeled with all the shade names for the permanent range so it was not immediately apparent that these shades were new/limited edition. Sneaky Walgreens, very very sneaky. I finally found the eye palettes (and the lipsticks) in a display at CVS yesterday so it seems that this collection is just being released slowly in some areas.
I have only had these products for a day and haven’t truly worn any of them for a long enough period of time to give any sort of review so all opinions are first impressions.
Now for the real reason you’re here; swatches! Woot woot!
Bonus ALMOST dupe!
Sunset Siren is really similar to Urban Decay F-Bomb from their Revolution lipstick line.
- F-Bomb is a little bit more blue based so it’s not an exact dupe.
- Both lipsticks have the same finish when applied (Creamy satin).
- Sunset Siren feels more creamy on the lips.
- After wearing both for an hour, Sunset Siren STILL feels creamier than F-Bomb which actually starts feeling a wee bit dry at that point.
- After two hours Sunset Siren still feels very comfortable and I sort of need a balm for the F-Bomb half of my mouth.
- The Boy can’t tell a difference between the two colors.
- I totally worse my lips half and half to the grocery store and no one asked if I was dressing up as Two Face for Halloween so that’s nice.
The lipsticks are billed as being a matte finish but I don’t really see them as matte. Perhaps a little more on the Satin side of Cream? Incredibly comfortable for the brief amount of time that I’ve worn each of these.
I only purchased two of the five pan eyeshadow palettes but they’re both really pretty. These also feel more like the original 8 pan eyeshadow formula as opposed the the last few palettes I’ve picked up from Wet n Wild.
I hope these swatches were helpful and I hope that if you’ve been searching for this collection that you find it soon!
5 thoughts on “Wet n Wild Fall 2014 Megalast Lipsticks and Color Icon Eyeshadows”
The Wet n Wild Sunset Siren colour is AMAZING
Isn’t it?! And it is really comfortable and wears beautifully!
I just realised Wet n Wild is a cheap makeup brand too! I may have to get myself some of these haha
Do it! You won’t regret it! 🙂 they have some good eyeshadows too.