Happy Thanksgiving! Or day after Thanksgiving rather. I’m celebrating Thanksgiving all week this year so it’s just one big turkey infused blur. And in the spirit of the holiday, THANK YOU for being here and hanging out with me!
Rather than doing one big mega post on a palette I thought I’d try to do a series of these face of the day posts and give a few little mini reviews on individual shades. Hopefully I’ll actually do several more of these but I make no promises. Life is crazy yo.
- Urban Decay Decay Naked Skin Corrector in Peach
- L’Oreal Magic Lumi Highlighter and Concealer
- Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder
- Becca Sunlight Bronzer in Maui Night
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Paarty
- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Opal
- Wet n’ Wild Megalast lipstick in Wine Room
All eyeshadows are from the Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts palette.
- Base: Heir
- Transition: Royal Prerogative
- Outer corner of the lid: Duchess
- Lid: Royal Highness
- Lower lash line: Royal Prerogative
- Inner corner: Crown
- Waterline: Rimmel Scandaleyez in Nude
- Mascara: L’Oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise
After 12 hours:
Obviously the lighting was different but honestly, this wore pretty darn well! And this was actually a big day, there were some tears, some sweat, I cleaned out my garage (Ha! I make that sound like I finished cleaning the garage when in reality I just dragged things back and forth from one side of the garage to the other) and did a little house work. The concealer products kind of disappeared but the eye makeup stayed looking really nice. With the shimmery shade (Royal Highness) there was a fair bit of transfer onto my upper lid area but it transferred prettily if that makes sense? It didn’t end up looking weird, just slightly different than when I started out. The matte shades didn’t even fade throughout the day which is pretty cool. Overall I’m pretty impressed!
November 25th, 2017
- I’ve been listening to Doctor Who in the background while I’m doing housework this week. I have to re-watch it all before I watch the next season because I can’t remember what happened previously on the show.
- I think I spilled just the tiniest bit of a gross perfume sample somewhere on me or in the house. Or I inhaled it when I was smelling it and now it’s permanently in my nose. I cannot shake this smell at all.
- I’m in the midst of a major decluttering project. Hopefully I won’t lose steam before I actually finish everything. It’s a whole house project so it will take a while but I’m just feeling stressed out by the amount of things I own. Must downsize!
3 thoughts on “Face of the Day – Coloured Raine Queen of Hearts – Royal Highness”
Happy Thanksgiving! This look is so fresh, I especially like how subtle you kept your eye makeup and focused on the lips. I LOVE that lip colour, by the way! Would have never thought it was Wet n Wild.
I’m not familiar with the brand Coloured Raine – I guess it’s fairly indie? I just looked up their site and they’re having 40% off some items and of course, this Queen of Hearts palette is sold out. 😛
I’ve been decluttering too – we cleared out a bunch of stuff from our storage locker. I’m such a pack rat, I kept things from when I was in grade school. I still have a hand-bound children’s book that I made! It’s stressful trying to decide what to keep and what to toss. Some of the things I’ll likely photograph and then toss – it’s a compromise?
Thank you! I actually like this lip color a lot too but it’s not a shade that I ever wear. In fact I just de-stashed it. Pretty but why keep it? I think this is the first time I’ve worn it since I purchased it a few years ago. HOWEVER…I LOVE the Wet n’ Wild Megalast line. It’s such a good formula! I just wish the packaging was better.
I was so bummed when I realized I just paid full price for a palette that was about to have a major sale (although I think this palette sold out pretty quickly so there’s that lol).
Decluttering IS stressful! But I feel so much better once I’m finished. I think the handbound children’s book is kind of cool! But I’m completely with you, it’s so hard to decide what to keep and what to toss. I just swatched something like 18 lipsticks so I can at least post swatches before I throw most of them away. You definitely have to be in a certain mood to toss things.