I have to tell you that out of all of the My Pretty Zombie eyeshadows that I own, “Grandma Cleavage” has the best name hands down.
Swatches! Yay swatches!
From the MPZ website:
You know what I mean…It’s one of those things you can’t unsee!
Grandma Cleavage is a cornflower crayon blue with a gold shift…tacky yet fascinating…you will love it!
Unfortunately, I don’t think that Grandma Cleavage is my favorite eyeshadow from My Pretty Zombie (MPZ) and my reasoning is simple, it creases on me and fades unless applied in a very specific way. That’s not an issue that I have with most MPZ shadows but Grandma Cleavage took some experimenting in order to make it work. Now I was ultimately able to find a way to make this shadow work for the majority of the day so it isn’t a fail product, just not on the top of my list.
I tried multiple primer/base combinations and ultimately I ended up using all of the things and found a combo that worked.
In the name of science I wore mostly the same eye look on multiple days but with different bases.
- With Urban Decay Anti Aging Primer Potion (UDAAPP) – Significant fading starting within an hour or two plus some mild creasing around mid day.
- UDAAPP plus NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk – Still significant fading but also mega horrible creasing. Not that uncommon for me with Milk to be honest. It’s pretty greasy.
- UDAAPP + NYX Black Bean – as far as wear time goes, this was pretty similar to the NYX Milk look but look how that black base made the shadow almost green! I’ve been really into wearing duochrome eyeshadow over a black base lately and getting a different color out of the shadow.
- With UDAAPP + Jordana Continuous Almond + Darling Girl Glitter Glue – This was the winning combination for wear time with mild to moderate fading after 5 hours and no creasing. So still not perfect but much improved. I also think this is my favorite as far as how the shadow looks. The gold shift is really strong in this shadow and this combo made that gorgeous baby blue more prominent.
I don’t normally reach for a blue eyeshadow all that often but I feel like Grandma Cleavage is a really wearable, work safe blue that I feel pretty comfortable in. Now that I’ve figured out how to make it behave itself, I think I’ll actually get a fair bit of wear out of it. However, I don’t think that it’s on my list of MPZ shadows that I believe you need in your life.
You can purchase Grandma Cleavage for $5.00 for 1.5g grams of product or you can purchase one of the bundles that MPZ offers (I highly recommend going this route! It’s a bit cheaper plus there are a ton of amazing shades from this brand and I think you should try a few at a time.)
Do you have Grandma Cleavage (Hahahaha! See, endless entertainment)? If so, what are your thoughts? I need to do some more colorful looks and blend this shade in with some pinks and purples. I think it would be pretty in some pastel spring time flower explosion color combos.
- I’m addicted to ordering office supplies on Amazon. It’s a problem. Or isssss it? Muahahaha!
- I’m still reading “One Thousand Gifts” by Ann Voskamp and it really is good. I feel like it’s one of those books that truly adds something positive and meaningful to your life. Or at least, it’s adding something positive and meaningful to my life.
- I’m re-watching Desperate Housewives and it’s hilarious. I’m also still watching GoT but currently I’m stuck on a horrible torture scene that I just can’t seem to make myself watch. I’m a huge weeny apparently.
- I’ve been trying to do yoga in the mornings and it’s been delightful! So far I think my favorite YouTube instructor is Leslie Fightmaster on Fightmaster Yoga. Do you have any instructor recommendations for me? I’d love to hear them!