You may or may not have noticed that I am quite fond of purple eyeshadow. With that in mind, it makes complete sense that I would be drawn to the bareMinerals quad in The Dream Sequence. This particular quad is odd in that I don’t really feel like any of the shades coordinate well with one another, but it’s awesome in that it provides four lovely purple eyeshadow options. Let’s take a closer look!
Nightcap – This is the only fully matte shade in the quad and it performs well as an outer “V” shade or a deeper crease shade but I inevitably struggle when using it alone as it has a tendency to apply a bit patchy. This patchiness is very visible in the above photos and you can also see the beginnings of creasing even though these photos were taken within an hour of application. For the most part I stick to using this shade to add depth or as a liner (As a liner is my favorite use for this color).
Boudoir – This is my favorite shade out of the bunch. It applies well, it is pigmented but still easy enough to work with and I find it very versatile, this shade is also lovely just in the inner corner.
Romp – I think this shade would be a favorite for anyone that likes taupe leaning shades. It’s still purple but a dusty silvery neutral purple. This applies like a dream and wears beautifully.
I don’t have photos of 500 Thread Count as a main shade but I use that shade the most out of this quad (I’ve also used it with other eyeshadows and palettes). It’s a good blending shade for my skin tone but as I mentioned, it has a hint of a purple sheen so it adds a subtle interest and can be built up a bit which is great for use in the inner corner.
From the Sephora website:
What it is:
A quad of pure, intense eye shadows with antiaging benefits.
What it does:
BareMinerals READY? Eyeshadow provides exceptionally vivid, long-wearing complementary colors in an ultra-smooth, silky texture for effortless application and seamless blendability. Powered by bareMinerals’ proprietary SeaNutritive Mineral™ Complex along with powerful antioxidants, cold-pressed borage oil, caffeine and cucumber, these ingredients are known to deliver antiaging benefits including depuffing and antioxidant protection for a softer, smoother, revitalized eye area. It looks like a powder, but feels like a cream and delivers a beautifully vivid color.
- I would say that the shades are vivid and long wearing.
- This particular quad is not really complimentary as far as the shade coordination.
- They are smooth and silky and they apply easily and blend easily.
- I think that the whole “these powders that you’re going to put on your eye are going to infuse your skin with all the wonderful things in the world” claims are a little…silly. I have never noticed that my eyes are less puffy or my skin is softer, healthier, less wrinkly, better AT ALL.
Application: Great! If you are new to makeup, do be warned that it’s easy to apply too much product with these shadows but other than that, I have no complaints. They blend well, they are pigmented and there is little to no fall out.
Wear Time: With the exception of Nightcap, I don’t notice any fading, creasing or other negative things during wear. I get a full day (plus sweaty gross gym workout) of wear out of all of these shades.
Pricing and Availability: The 4.0 quads sell for $30.00 for .17oz. of product. You can purchase them at bareMinerals counters or from Sephora.
Overall I really enjoy this quad. Because I feel like the shades don’t work well together I do tend to forget that I have this and it doesn’t get as much use as other quads and palettes. If you’re a purple lover and have palettes like the Shade and Light Palette or Naked Basics palette, these are fantastic to pair with more neutral eyeshadows in your collection.
Do you have this quad? Do you wear all the shades together? If so, I’d love to know how you pair them up!
- I hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving yesterday! (And if you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you had a rockin’ Thursday)
- This last week has been the craziest of crazy weeks. I don’t even have words to describe it anymore. Let me explain. No there is too much. Let me sum up. Over the course of three days we moved! It was a bit of a whirlwind and we’re going to move again after the new year! Such fun. The cats are THRILLED.