I was nominated for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award by Zovesta from Glamour Vortex a
embarassingly long time while ago. As with basically everything in my life, I took a really long time to post this and thank her properly. I am a slacker, what can I say.
Thank you so much Zovesta for the nomination! You da bomb girl! 🙂
The Dragon’s Loyalty Award seems to have been started as a way to thank people who comment regularly on your blog. That’s pretty cool! I hardly ever say this because I find it awkward (awkward introverts unite! Seperately!) but I really do appreciate every comment, like or view. I’m humbled that you read this blog and grateful for your participation! So now that we all feel uncomfortable and we’re all blushing, let’s get on to the award deets!
- Display the award certificate on your website (Done! Dragon’s are cool yo)
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers (15 is a lot. And since this award is all about recognizing people that interact with you on your blog, I think it’s a safe bet to just nominate the people you feel like nominating)
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post (I feel weird about doing that so I’m going to be a rebel and skip this step)
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself
7 Interesting Things About Myself
(AKA 7 things…)
- I love bugs. They’re creepy and scary and beautiful and fascinating and I would love to take some sort of entomology course. Here is a freaky bug I found recently: It’s a water bug and roughly 3-4 inches long.
- When I was 20 years old I packed a suitcase and took a vacation to the southern part of the United States and just never really ended the vacation. I’ve been here for 11 years now!
- I’m the oldest of five children and having three little brothers (they are not little. The youngest one is 6’6″ tall) encouraged a very bossy streak in my personality. The Boy has the patience of a saint but I will deny admitting that.
- My life long favorite hobby is reading but I don’t have as much reading time as I would like. I am particularly fond of fantasy and urban fantasy or dystopian novels. I also love Young Adult novels. I am old enough that I don’t care if that is age appropriate or not. I wish that I could get into things like autobiographies or really anything non-fiction but I just can’t do it.
- I practice Wing Chun Kung Fu and it’s so much fun. I’m not very good at it, but it’s a blast!
- Someday I want to be in good enough shape to compete in a fitness competition. I am WAY far away from that level of fitness but it’s on my bucket list.
- In high school, my best friend and I competed in a scholarship competition. AKA a beauty pageant. It was awful. Like REALLY awful. We were the only two girls in the competition that didn’t win ANYTHING. The whole theme was Hello Dolly. We really had no business in any sort of pageant setting and most of the competition consisted of us being gangly and unwieldy and not knowing how to do things like push ups (I was definitely not an athletic kid) and then hiding from everyone else back stage and eating peanut butter M&M’s. In the interview when the judges asked me what I was most afraid of, I was so nervous I blurted out “SHARKS!!” which was the truth, but not really the type of answer they were looking for. Good times man, good times.
Olivia from Eye Have A Lot of Feelings – She does these killer editorial artistic eye looks that are insanely inspiring. Plus she’s hilarious.
Jodi from A Brash Attitude – Jodi is such a sweet lady and she does really thoughtful reviews with a focus on products that are friendly towards sensitive skin.
Stash Matters – Stashmatters just recently reached 250 days of her year long no buy. Seriously amazing right? But she also writes really comprehensive reviews on a variety of products and her blog is one that I frequently read and wish that I could word things as eloquently as she does.
Lorelei from Cozy Cat – Lorelei is one of the sweetest bloggers out there. She has a beautiful mix of product reviews, eye looks and posts about here incredibly adorable cat.
Nerdy Librarian Girl – A great blog, every one of her posts just makes you think that she’s someone you’d like to hang out with.
As promised, I’m not nominating 15 people.
Thank you again to everyone who reads or comments on this blog. Your presence here means the world to me!